Store a Tooth!
Join the 1000s of parents already protecting their children’s health by storing their stem cells
Store a Tooth
Aiming to provide a systematic and comprehensive care, Yakubiv Dental Clinic works exclusively with storage banks of stem cells from deciduous (milk) teeth and gives you a second chance stem cell storage of your children, which may in the future be used to treat various serious illnesses and beyond. Our clinic is the only Dental Clinic in Cyprus which offers this possibility.
Dental stem cells are specialized cells found in dental pulp in our teeth. These cells are formed at the sixth week of development of a baby in the womb. They are also called mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and have the potential to be used in a wide variety of medical treatments such as tissue and bone regeneration. Keeping the dental stem cells may be beneficial to your child in the future, in case they need treatment for illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease, etc.
Each child changes the deciduous teeth – usually between the ages of 6 and 12 years old. Stem cells can be collected from one or more deciduous teeth can be used in the future if the child or another family member needs for some therapy. Stem cells can participate in therapies such as:
- Benign and malignant blood disorders
- Restoration of teeth
- bone remodeling
- heart attack
- Repair of motor neurons after injury
- neurodegenerative diseases
- muscle repair
- muscular dystrophy
The collection and storage of dental stem cells is very simple and is as follows:
1) Parents should contact our clinic and express their interest in the collection of the deciduous teeth. Together we complete the appropriate document and send it to the stem cell bank. In a couple of days, the stem cell bank sends to our clinic a special storage box. When the tooth of a child begins to move, make an appointment in our clinic.
2) After the extraction the tooth is placed in the special storage box and we send it to the stem guarding bank. It is very important that the tooth is placed in the special storage box in less than 15 to 20 minutes in order to maintain stem cells alive. The special storage box has all the necessary means to maintain the tooth child safe and healthy until the arrival at the laboratory of stem custody bank.
3) The special care box with the primary tooth transported by medical courier service approved laboratory safekeeping bank for processing. It is important that the primary tooth to arrive at a laboratory in less than 72 hours after having detached.
4) Blood tests. It is essential to collect blood sample for the HIV virus, HTLV, hepatitis B and C and syphilis.
In the laboratory stem cells are being removed from the pulp and separated from all other portions of the tooth. After isolation dental stem cells are placed in specially coded cryovials so they can always be identified immediately. For additional protection the cryovials are placed on a particular cryopreservation package which is then placed in a storage tank containing liquid nitrogen.
Secure the future health of your child ! Our dentist will give you any information needed about stem cell storage.
Call as today for a free consultation